Kinds of hair transplant
At the moment, hair transplants are done in several ways. Among them,
- Seamless FUE method. Skin areas with hair bulbs measuring 2-5 mm are removed from the donor area by means of a special device, further cut into grafts and implanted into the correction area by means of a scalpel or twisted needles. The disadvantage of the method is trauma and loss of follicles during withdrawal.
- Patchwork method. The scalpel is used to carve a skin flap with follicles up to 10 cm*3 cm in size, the flap is further split into grafts, and they are implanted with tweezers. The method is too traumatic, leaves scars, and is accompanied by loss of follicles when removed.
- The HFE nonoperational method. Microexpressions (up to 3 follicles) are removed by means of a special surgical handle with the diameter of the tip up to 0.9 mm. The implant is carried out by a needle implant at a specified depth without loss of graft. The method is not traumatic, the doctor can recreate the natural direction of hair growth.
How does the hair transplant procedure go
Hair transplant is an effective procedure in case of severe hair loss and baldness. Hair transplants use their own occipital hair, so they should be enough for this surgery.
The HFE technique for capillary transplantation is an outpatient and minimally invasive surgical procedure. During this process, hair follicles are removed individually, without the need to remove one strip of the scalp. It's an advanced technique that minimizes scarring and post-op care. Since there are no stitches, it can treat small and medium areas. This is currently the most sought-after capillary transplant technique.
Today the transplantation is characterized by:
Statement for the procedure
- Good hair resistance due to the using of body material;
- The absence of a rehabilitation period and limitations on ability to work.
- Male and female alopecia (alopecia) associated with hormonal disorders;
- Hair replacement of the head after the burn;
- Baldness due to inflammatory processes in the scalp;
- Hereditary feature which consists in the high position of the front line limiting the area of hair growth, including deep areas of baldness in the frontal temporal region.
Hair transplant process
- General surgery. As mentioned, it is important to have sufficient hair for transplant;
- Compensated form of diabetes;
- Any malignant and benign tumours;
- Diseases of the blood system, especially insufficient clotting factors;
- Acute and chronic infections in acute stage;
- During pregnancy and until the end of breastfeeding.
Hair transplants are performed under local anaesthesia seamlessly and with grafts. Each graft is removed separately when the surgical instrument pierces the handle with a tip up to 1 mm in diameter. The surgeon then treats each graft with a special solution and inserts each piece into the correction area.
The method has positive reviews from surgeons, as hair bulbs are removed from the skin without damage. Up to 4,000 grates can be transplanted at a time (each containing 1 to 3 bulbs).Advantages of HFE hair transplant
Seamless hair transplants have a number of advantages:
Length of procedure
- Low-invasive surgery;
- is shown for a wide spectrum of alopecia;
- Hair tolerance of more than 90 per cent;
- No scars or scars;
- Rapid recovery up to 2 weeks;
- The possibility of preserving the natural direction of hair growth in the transplant area;
- Ability to transfer large volumes per transaction - up to 4000.
From 1 to 3 hours (for flaps) and from 3 to 7 hours (seamless transplants) depending on the number of grafts. In large areas of baldness, the hair transplant is repeated several times at a short interval. Immediately after the transplant, the patient can go home. The day after the procedure, the dressing is required, at our clinic it is included in the cost of the operation.
Recommendations are made after the procedure by the doctor. These include a number of easy manipulations in the care of the surgical site.Result
After the transplant, the hair continues to grow throughout life. They heal well, and after falling out of the onion, the old hair is naturally replaced by the new hair.